Terms & Conditions
- By purchasing a ticket or passport to President’s Park, you agree to be bound by these Terms and all applicable laws and regulations. President’s Park is owned and provided by Statehill Properties (Pty) Ltd.
- Any references to “we” and “our” are references to “Statehill Properties (Pty) Ltd (Pty) Ltd and President’s Park”.
- If you purchase a ticket or passport (hereinafter referred to as a “Ticket”) using false identification or identification that does not belong to you, your Ticket will be revoked and you risk losing any potential refund of the price of the Ticket.
- Statehill Properties (Pty) Ltd and/or official ticket sellers reserve the right to verify your identity upon entering a President’s Park venue.
- Having a Ticket does not guarantee you entrance into any President’s Park venue and valid identification will be requested at all entry points. Failure to provide proof of identification will result in you being denied access to President’s Park venues and we will not be liable in any manner whatsoever for refunding you your entrance fee/s. If you do not possess a valid form of identification, you will be denied admission into the President’s Park venue/s, and will not be entitled to a refund of the entrance fee/s. Only original South African ID books/cards, driver’s license cards or state issued passports will be accepted as valid forms of identification. No certified copies of identity documents will be accepted unless by prior arrangement with President’s Park.
- You are solely responsible to hold on to your Ticket and to take all necessary steps to ensure that your Ticket is kept secure at all times during the duration of the event. You undertake to immediately inform us if your Ticket is lost, stolen, damaged or is likely to be used by an unauthorized person.
- All registered, valid, and activated Tickets must be scanned upon entering all official President’s Park venues.
- If your Ticket is lost or stolen, you will not be entitled to a refund.
- If you are in possession of a Ticket obtained through any other means, including but not limited to different channels, third party websites or by evading, in any way, the procedure prescribed in the registration link that provides access to the Ticket, you will be denied entry into President’s Park.
- In the event that you are unable to attend the President’s Park due to incapacity or a death in your family and you provide us with documentary proof, we will not levy a cancellation fee in respect of your Ticket.
- Once the details of your booking have been reinserted into the system, you will be refunded the face value you paid for your Ticket less 10% and bank fees should you wish to cancel order, which may be deducted from your refund.
- Please note that changing or reselling of Tickets is illegal and not allowed. We have the right to invalidate your Ticket without any notice.
- Tickets may only be exchanged via our official ticketing provider. You will be denied admission to the President’s Park in the event that your Ticket was resold without our prior written consent. Statehill Properties (Pty) Ltd and/or its official ticket seller reserve the right to cancel Tickets if they were purchased illegally or fraudulently via third parties and to institute legal action for any damages we may incur and recover any cancellation costs from you.
BEHAVIOR @ PRESIDENT’S PARK
If you wish to enter President’s Park, you will in accordance with the applicable laws as prescribed by the Safety at Sports and Recreational Events Act No. 2 of 2010. Be searched by security personnel of the same sex as you before being allowed admission into any of the Statehill Properties (Pty) Ltd venues, known as President’s Park. And may request you to be subjected to a thorough pat down and/or search of your clothes and luggage in order to intercept banned or illegal objects. If any illegal/ banned substance/ objects are found in your possession, the security personnel will be entitled to confiscate the item/s and refuse you admission into the park. Security personnel have the final say, no exceptions.
At President’s Park, you will not be allowed to:-
- Block entrances, exits and/or emergency exits;
- Climb on tents, constructions, fences, light poles, benches or any other structures on-site;
- Disguise yourself in order to make you unrecognizable with the intention to disturb the peace or put the safety of the other festival goers at risk;
- Enter zones to which your admission ticket does not allow you admission to (comfort zone, press areas, backstage, VIP areas etc.);
- Endanger other attendees by making fires, war, gang fights, or Crowd surf;
- Park a vehicle without an official parking sticker issued by us. In such instances, vehicles may be towed at the owner’s expense;
- Sell food, drinks or other products without our prior written permission and allocated permits;
- Smoke in non-smoking areas;
- Tear down, break, damage and/or trash decorations;
- Throw or shoot objects in solid, liquid or gas form;
- Urinate and/or defecate in public;
- Wear full facial coverings (masks, morph suits, hoody etc.);
This list is not exhaustive and if you are found to be behaving in a manner not permissible by us, we reserve the right to expel you or have you handed over to the police.
Wearing texts, symbols, objects, clothes and/or other (visible) external expressions explicitly representing a political, social movement or group is prohibited. Anything hinting at discrimination, hate speech, incitement or racism is strictly prohibited.
- The following objects are permitted in/at President’s Park venues:-
- Disposable or compact photo cameras;
- Guide dogs if you are visually challenged;
- Refreshers/vaporizers, small back packs and other bags;
- Sun screen, cosmetic products, deodorant in containers up to 100ml; and
- Telescopic umbrellas without pins (no parasols);
Not Permitted Objects
The following objects are not permitted to enter President’s Park venues:-
- Animals (other than guide dogs);
- Any chemical which can reasonably be considered to be hazardous to a person attending President’s Park;
- Any dangerous weapon as contemplated in section 1 of the Dangerous Weapons Act No. 63 of 1968;
- Any device or object which can reasonably be considered to be disruptive to festival goers at President’s Park;
- Any glass, plastic or metal food, beverage or condiment receptacle;
- Any sharp or pointed metal object which can reasonably be considered to be a dangerous weapon;
- Banners or flags whose content can reasonably be considered to be vulgar, racist, sexist, discriminatory, inflammatory and/or offensive;
- Deodorant or perfume in large bottles or containers (over 100ml);
- Fireworks, flares or any similar highly flammable incendiary device or object;
- Lasers or similar potentially disruptive light emitting or light reflective/refractive devices or objects;
- Narcotics or other mind-altering substances (other than those prescribed by a registered medical practitioner);
- Old South African flags;
- Own food or drinks;
- Projectiles or explosives in solid, liquid or gas form;
- Selfie-sticks, Firearms; Ammunition; Knives; weapons;
- Tear gas, mace, or similar airborne chemical agent as contemplated in Section 1 of the Tear-Gas Act No. 16 of 1964 or similar airborne chemical or organic agents such as pepper spray;
- Walking sticks (medical crutches and devices accepted with medical practitioner’s note); and
- Any other object, including but not limited to umbrellas, parasols, camera tripods which the appointed security personnel may decide it pose a risk to other carnival goers.
Statehill Properties (Pty) Ltd and all venue partners maintain a zero tolerance to drugs of any kind!
- It is forbidden to carry, use, deal and/or be in possession of drugs at the festival grounds, in any part of the park. If you are caught contravening or breaching this drugs policy, you will be immediately detained and handed over to the South African Police Service for prosecution.
Admission to the President’s Park venues may be prohibited, refused or denied (without entitlement to a refund of the entrance fee) if you, inter-alia:-
- Are in possession of banned objects;
- Are in possession of or dealing in drugs;
- Are under the influence of alcohol or any other prohibited substance which has a narcotic effect;
- Put the lives or well-being of other Park goers at risk;
- Refuse or fail to abide by these Terms.
- Refuse to be searched by security personnel;
- Shows behavior which manifestly hints at an intention to disturb the peace or to provoke, enact violence, hate, rage, etc. or Were previously refused admission to other events;
FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH THESE GENERAL RULES, TERMS AND CONDITIONS MAY RESULT IN YOU BEING EXPELLED, WITHOUT ANY REFUND OF THE ENTRANCE FEE. IF YOU ARE REFUSED OR DENIED ADMISSION OR ARE EXPELLED, YOU WILL BE OBLIGATED TO VACATE THE PRESIDENT’S PARK VENUE WITH IMMEDIATE EFFECT.
- By purchasing a Ticket, you automatically consent to being photographed, filmed or otherwise recorded and for the resulting images and/or recordings to used or broadcast by Statehill Properties (Pty) Ltd and/or its partners. We may use these images and/or recordings for promotional and/or commercial purposes related to President’s Park without any compensation being paid to you.
- President’s Park venues are under constant CCTV surveillance in order to maintain and enforce safety at the festival grounds, and to monitor and prevent crimes being committed and/or breaches of these Terms.
- To ensure public order and safety during President’s Park, you are obliged to obey our instructions and directions and/or those of our authorized representatives at the venue.
For safety reasons President’s Park reserves the right to:-
- Ask you to leave the venue;
- Interrupt or discontinue President’s Park scheduled performance at any given time;
- Prevent you going into the venue or from leaving the venue until further notice; or
- Refuse you admission into the venue, even if you possess a valid Ticket.
We reserve the right at any time to cancel or reschedule all or part of President’s Park, or to alter its program, due to circumstances beyond our control. Where we alter its program, your ticket will remain valid but we shall not be obligated to refund you the price of your ticket or exchange your ticket.
If President’s Park is rescheduled or cancelled, we will use our reasonable endeavors to notify you as soon as possible by publishing the details thereof on our website.
WE SHALL NOT BE OBLIGATED TO REFUND YOU THE PURCHASE PRICE OF YOUR TICKET IN CIRCUMSTANCES WHERE PRESIDENT’S PARK IS CANCELLED DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES BEYOND OUR CONTROL.
By attending the President’s Park, you expressly agree that such attendance is at your own risk. We endeavor to provide a service of the highest quality but cannot guarantee the quality of any services provided by independent contractors at the various venues. There may be occasions when services may be interrupted due to strikes, riots, emergency repairs, technical failures or other reasons beyond our control, including force majeure.
STATEHILL PROPERTIES (PTY) LTD PROVIDES THE PRESIDENT’S PARK AND MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WITH RESPECT TO THE PARK OR ITS OPERATION, OR ANY SERVICES OFFERED AT THE PARK.
STATEHILL PROPERTIES (PTY) LTD ACCEPTS NO LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY WHATSOEVER FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE YOU MAY SUFFER BY ANY PERSON AT THE PRESIDENT’S PARK VENUE AND SURROUNDINGS. BY CONTINUING TO ATTEND THE VARIOUS PRESIDENT’S PARK EVENTS, YOU ARE DEEMED TO ACCEPT THESE TERMS.
- To the full extent permitted by the laws of the Republic of South Africa, Statehill Properties (Pty) Ltd disclaims all warranties and representations, express or implied.
- You acknowledge that we do not control the activities of the artist/s who appear at President’s Park and accordingly we cannot be held responsible for any loss or damage of any kind, resulting from any delay in, overrun or cancellation of an artist’s performance or event. We will not be responsible for any special, direct, indirect, incidental, punitive consequential damages, economic or other commercial loss or reputational damage that you may suffer/endure by attending the President’s Park venue/event. Your remedy is limited to leaving the President’s Park. You hereby agree to indemnify and hold harmless Statehill Properties (Pty) Ltd and its owners, employees and agents against any costs, claims, suits, proceedings, disputes, losses and damages (including legal fees) incurred by or awarded against Statehill Properties (Pty) Ltd as a result of your acts and/or omissions at the President’s Park, violation of any third party right, violation of any laws and regulations, any misrepresentation made by you or any other person or persons or your breach or alleged breach of these Terms.
Excluded from compensation is:-
- Consequential damages;
- Damage intentionally caused by an event goer or as a result of his/her willful negligence.
- Immaterial damages; and
You will attend President’s Park at your own risk. We do not accept any liability whatsoever for damage caused by you entering a venue and/or attending a concert which results in your personal injury, death or damage to your personal property.
- Statehill Properties (Pty) Ltd shall not be liable for any injury, damage, loss, accident howsoever caused owing from the act, omission, fault or negligence of any suppliers or subcontractors, including but not limited to security personnel, engaged in carrying out contractual arrangements for us at President’s Park.
- If you breach any of these Terms, Statehill Properties (Pty) Ltd reserves the right to restrict or deny you access to all or any part of the President’s Park.
- Statehill Properties (Pty) Ltd reserves the right to amend or modify these Terms at any time and at its sole and absolute discretion without prior notice. Your continued attendance at President’s Park following changes to these Terms implies that you have consented to those changes. Statehill Properties (Pty) Ltd is entitled without notice to terminate these Terms at its sole and absolute discretion and reserves the right to discontinue all or any part of the President’s Park and to restrict or prohibit you access to it at any time, without liability to you or any other person. Upon termination, all rights granted to you in respect of these Terms will immediately cease.
- All complaints and disputes regarding President’s Park may be addressed to email@example.com
- Your complaint will be dealt with in a reasonable period of time after receipt thereof and where necessary you may be called upon to provide satisfactory evidence. In the event of a dispute of these Terms, any competent division of the High Court of the Republic of South Africa will have jurisdiction.
- In the event that any provisions of these Terms is found to be invalid, unlawful or unenforceable by any competent authority, such provision shall be severed and the remaining provisions will continue in full force and effect.
- The Laws of the Republic of South Africa shall govern these Terms.
- Statehill Properties (Pty) Ltd respects your privacy and will not disclose your personal information to third parties for marketing purposes if you request us not to do so. By purchasing a Ticket to President’s Park, you consent to the processing of your personal information for promotional and commercial purposes and warrant that all data provided by you is accurate and up to date. You are responsible for maintaining and promptly updating account information for accuracy and completeness.
- If you object to your personal information being used for promotional and commercial purposes, you may submit, at no cost, a written request to us to stop this use.
- Any failure on you or Statehill Properties (Pty) Ltd to enforce any right in terms hereof shall not constitute a waiver of that right.
- No indulgence, extension of time, relaxation or latitude which any party (the “grantor”) may show, grant or allow to the other (the “grantee”) shall constitute a waiver by the grantor of any of the grantor’s rights and the grantor shall not thereby be prejudiced or stopped from exercising any of its rights against the grantee which may have arisen in the past or which might arise in the future.
- No variation, addition, deletion, or agreed cancellation of these Terms will be of any force or effect unless in writing and accepted by or on behalf of the parties hereto.
- These Terms contain the whole agreement between you and Statehill Properties (Pty) Ltd and no other warranty, representation or undertaking is valid, unless contained in this document.
- You may not cede, assign or otherwise transfer your rights and obligations to any third party in terms of these Terms.